Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Mexican Chocolate Snickerdoodles

 

When I was assigned to Claire K Creations a week ago, I just couldn't resist making more than one recipe, especially when I saw all the yummy cookie recipes she had.  You know me and my sweet tooth.  And, while I'm not a chocoholic by any means, I am a spice fiend.  Which is why I just had to try the Mexican Chocolate Snickerdoodles. 

 

These cookies have cayenne pepper in them for a little kick.  Then, you roll them in cinnamon sugar to finish them off.  I just loved the combo of the chocolate and spices in these.  Not to mention, the texture was perfect - crisp on the outside and soft and cakey on the inside.  My sister raved about them.  I think the only change I'd make is to triple the amount of cayenne pepper in them since we couldn't really taste it, even though we also added a little cayenne pepper to the cinnamon-sugar rolling mix.  Although, that's just us.  We tend to have a high tolerance to heat and like to feel the burn in our mouths. 


I will say that I also gave these cookies to a friend of mine and the cookies were devoured in no time at all.  So, if you have a low tolerance to heat, you will love these cookies.  And, even if you have a high tolerance to heat, you will still love these cookies.  They're that 's good.  I'm definitely glad I tried more than one recipe from her blog. 

Mexican Chocolate Snickerdoodles (slightly adapted from Claire K Creations)

1/2 c. butter, softened
3/4 c. sugar
3/4 c. brown sugar, packed
1 tsp. cream of tartar
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
2 1/4 c. all-purpose flour

For rolling:
1/4 c. sugar
2 tsp. cinnamon
pinch of cayenne pepper 

Cream the butter with the sugars.  Beat in the eggs and vanilla.  Add the dry ingredients and mix to combine well.  Chill the dough until firm, about 1 hour.  Roll the dough into small balls and roll in the cinnnamon-sugar-pepper mixture.  Place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and bake at 350F for 10-12 minutes until cracked on top. 


6 comments:

  1. Oh my word, these look scrumptious!! Followed your link over from your post on my blog!! So Happy to have found you!! Michaela SRC-B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh what a good idea. Two awesome flavors joined together!

    Sues

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow how delicious do these cookies look! I love a bit of spice so I think I would love these, plus I'm a total chocoholic! :)

    ReplyDelete

  4. Wao... It looks very delicious ... Thanks for sharing.


    Buy cookies online

    ReplyDelete
  5. These cookies were my SRC pick this month. We loved them! Everybody who tried them loved them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's an awesome and easy recipe! I love how the chocolate tastes alongside some atole, a traditional drink, the mix of those two mexican flavors is sublime!

    ReplyDelete